We would like to advise patients registered at the Practice of your following rights:
- Patients have a right to express a preference to receive services from a particular doctor or nurse—providing that the preferred practitioner performs that service. We encourage and support ‘continuity of care’ – By seeing the same nurse or doctor for a particular condition, we are much more likely to build up an accurate diagnosis and agree an effective course of treatment with you
- Registered patients aged 16—75 who have not been seen for 3 years, can request a health check-up consultation. We hope you will take up this service
- Registered patients aged 75 and over who have not been seen for 3 years can request a health check-up consultation in their home if they are unable to attend the surgery
- Patients have a right to see their own health records, subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act
We would like to advise patients registered at the Practice of your following responsibilities:
- Please arrive on time for your appointment so we can minimise delays for other patients?
- Please inform the practice if you can’t make an appointment or if the appointment is no longer necessary, so we can offer this appointment to other patients?
- You can use our new text service to cancel, by sharing your current mobile number with us
- Please try and attend the surgery and do not make a request for a home visit, unless absolutely necessary. Home visits are exclusively for housebound or seriously ill patients. In the time it takes to conduct 1 home visit we can typically see at least 3 patients at the surgery, so allowing us to see everyone who needs us
- Please make requests for repeat prescriptions in good time. We typically require 72 hours
- Please co-operate with all practice staff and treat them courteously. They are trying to help you
There is currently a global shortage of the hepatitis B vaccine, please click here for more information