Please note that if you register with us and you do not live within our catchment area, you will be registered as an ‘out-of-area patient‘ and will not be entitled to any home visits from any of our doctors.
Home visits are offered exclusively to people who are completely housebound such as the frail elderly and patients who are terminally ill
We ask you to always attend the surgery if at all possible
The benefits of attending the surgery are –
- Facilities for examination are far better at the surgery
- We are able to arrange blood tests
- We have more equipment to hand should this be necessary
- We have other colleagues on hand, should a second opinion be necessary
- At least 3 patients can be seen at the practice in the time it takes to conduct 1 home visit, so allowing us to provide a better service for all of our patients
If you do feel a home visit is, or is likely to be, necessary, please could you ring the surgery before 10.00am as this will assist in prioritising and planning rounds?
We will ask you to leave a contact number so that the doctor can ring you back
We can safely deal with many conditions via a telephone consultation without the need for a visit and the doctor will discuss this with you
In other cases, we may request that you attend the surgery but will ensure that your waiting time is minimised